guy wire MINISTRIES
Trenton, TN 38382
For more information or to schedule Chris to come to your church or youth group call: 865.414.5253. Get detailed information here.
Allow us to introduce ourselves. Learn more about guy wire MINISTRIES and Chris Alexander. We are looking forward to serving you!
I am truly blessed by God that I was able to grow up in a Christian home where both my parents taught me what it means to live as a Christian. When I was in third grade, I began to ask them about salvation. After talking about it, my father took me to visit our pastor. While meeting with him, I realized that I was a sinner and that I needed a Savior. That Saturday morning, I surrendered my life to Jesus and asked Him to forgive me of my sins. Later, I was baptized at Poplar Heights Baptist Church, in Jackson, TN.
After moving to Memphis, TN in 1988, I became involved in the youth group at Ridgeway Baptist Church. During the invitation of a revival meeting while in tenth grade, I felt burdened to pray, “I don’t know what You are telling me Lord, but whatever it is, I’ll do it.” At that very moment, I felt God calling me to the ministry. There was no doubt about it, and as soon as I made the decision public, the burden was lifted off my shoulders. Since then, I have been blessed to serve in five different churches in various roles.
My life verse is Isaiah 6:8, which says, “Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” I want to follow God’s leadership in every decision and go wherever He leads.
On November 8, 2008, God joined my wife, Meredith, and me together in Holy Matrimony. God truly brought us together to serve the Lord. I have felt her support through her prayers in everything of which I am involved. She has reassured me that she will join me in doing whatever the Lord tells us to do. Meredith is a Physical Therapist at Fort Sanders Regional Hospital in Knoxville, TN. She graduated from the University of Georgia in 1997 and Medical College of Georgia in 1999.
God has richly blessed us with two children, our two year old son, Landry and our daughter Amelia, who was born in October of 2013. It is our wonderful privilege and great responsibility to train up our children in the ways of the Lord, so that when they are old, they will not depart from their walk with the Lord.
God led me to Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary in 1998 to complete my Master of Divinity. In 2009 God led me back to MABTS to earn a Doctor of Ministry. My doctorate was accomplished in May of 2013.
God has given me a passion for several areas of ministry. Missions, both nationally and around the world, have always been a personal priority. Eleven years of my service were focused on youth ministry. For four years I enjoyed the opportunity to serve the entire family as well, reaching cross-generationally from grandparents to the youngest children as a bi-vocational pastor at Pilgrim Baptist Church, in Maryville, TN. I currently serve as the pastor of White Hall Baptist Church in Trenton, TN, where God has led us to evangelize the lost and disciple the saved children of God. In the first two years we baptized 41 new believers.
All of the aspects of ministry are grounded within a framework of evangelism and discipleship, which are the lynchpins of kingdom work. The privilege to witness is a reward in itself and our highest duty, regardless of the response of those who hear. Evangelism, however, is not the end of ministry, it is only the beginning. Discipleship is crucial for spiritual growth.
Personally and professionally, I affirm and adhere to the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message. I believe in the inerrant, infallible, inspired Word of God. It is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Every one of its righteous decrees endures forever, and I strive to hide them in my heart.
Areas of ministry served:
White Hall Baptist Church
2014 - present
· Provided spiritual leadership and education through expository preaching.
· Led with spiritual vision and guided the church committees.
· Guided the church’s growth in becoming an Acts 1:8 Church where missions was not just a program, but the passion of the church on a local, national, and international level.
· Church experienced numerical growth in baptisms and spiritual growth in discipleship.
Pilgrim Baptist Church
2010 - 2014
· First task was to help the church grieve and heal after the previous pastor passed away.
· Led the church to remove all discouragement so we could move forward toward God’s future plans.
Choices Resource Center
Client Services Director
Oak Ridge, TN
2011 - 2014
· Developed and oversaw client services programs and peer counseling volunteers.
· Supervised all volunteers who served as peer counselors, receptionists, or medical personnel.
· Recruited new volunteers. Also recruited churches to assist in supporting the ministry.
· Publicly spoke at churches and civic groups concerning events.
· Developed advertisement campaigns to attract new clients.
· Oversaw an increase in attendance in the parenting classes.
· Assisted in developing curriculum and taught puberty education in nine Anderson County elementary schools.
Central Baptist Church
Oak Ridge, TN
2003 - 2009
· Provided spiritual education, direction and support for young people ages 7th grade through college age.
· Supervised the church’s growth in becoming an Acts 1:8 Church. The church simultaneously focused on our Jerusalem, our Judea, our Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Cherokee Baptist Church
2000 - 2003
· Provided spiritual education, direction and support for young people ages 7th through 12th grade.
· Organized recreational programs, i.e. church softball teams and basketball teams.
Cedar View Baptist Church
Olive Branch, MS
1998 - 2000
· Started a youth program from ages 7th grade through 12th grade with four young people, which grew to 30 young people within 2 years.
Ridgeway Baptist Church
1996 - 1998
· Maintained the Christian Life Center gym and baseball fields.
· Oversaw all ministerial activities in the gym.